[dev] [OT] a "suckless" plasmid

From: Jens Staal <staal1978_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 09:21:49 +0200

Dear all,

Just wanted to share a preprint describing the generation of a minimalistic
plasmid which got 56% size reduction from elimination of "useless bloat" DNA
code, while actually gaining additional functionality (more restriction enzyme
cloning sites).

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/201807.0287/v2

The preprint paper is not really hypothesis-driven science as such and more a
description of the generation of a very useful tool, so I do not think I will
try to make it published "for real".