Re: [dev] Yet another "sane alternatives" thread

From: Sylvain Bertrand <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 22:43:06 +0100

???
clang/llvm is a c++ abomination: a massive pile of c++ cr*p. If you
dislike the GNU make, wait to read the c++ code of cmake, the build
system of clang/llvm, not to mention ninja (something in the horrible
python3 or python2). I am into llvm code right now, and I feel like
working in an asylum: getting in the heads of sick minds, and I
_really_ mean it.
Your are aiming at replacing gcc (which is in the process of becoming
of pile of steaming c++ cr*p), by an actual steaming pile of it!
The _only_ benefit is to clean up the linux build system in order to
ease the addition of alternative toolchains.
Actually, it's even worse than not being suckless: I don't want open
source software to be locked down by organized sickos who obfuscated
critical code thanks to a language with a super complex and rich
syntax.
*Anything* c++ is _not_ suckless, actually light years away from it.
Come to your senses, open your eyes!