Re: [dev] Yet another "sane alternatives" thread

From: Sylvain Bertrand <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 01:23:14 +0100

1) oh... no need to get into llvm and to make a patch... how convenient.
2) no, cmake is a c++ pile of steaming cr*p, period.
3) why do you think I am into llvm code? I am going to stare at this
on-going sabotage and do nothing?
4) only gcc can build linux... for now. But clang/llvm work paves the
way for "others" too (if it's properly done...).
5) there is only one iso c++98 compiler written in C: gcc 4.7.4 (and
it's totally unable to compile llvm or recent gcc, you have to use
intermediate gccs). I know because I am the guy who made the llvm guys
realized their pile of cr*p was not able to compile anymore with gcc
4.7.4 (and they went gcc 4.8 as a minimum requirement at the time)
6) parallel build of llvm with cmake is only available with ninja.
Maybe they fixed their unix makefile generator. Some generated code
use python generator (like in mesa).
7) ... and dwm was hacked in plain simple C.

Since llvm is pure c++ madness and gcc is still far from being one:
gnu gcc sucks less than clang/llvm. yes, GNU gcc sucks less than BSD
clang/llvm, wow.
Then better stick with gnu gcc till the "brillant" minds at gnu
steering comittee made gcc worth the same amount of c++ cr*p than
clang/llvm.
How can you be so wrong? Wake up and un-wash your brain!