Re: [dev] Make cleanup

From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 11:48:26 +0100

niedz., 30 gru 2018 o 10:36 Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de> napisał(a):

> On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 20:32:13 -0500
> stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Really helpful would be a make-implementation that is 100% POSIX[0]. It
> makes me sad to see that most Makefiles use GNU-extensions, as they are
> not necessary in most cases and make them unportable.

There is one problem: to build a Linux kernel, you need GNU make
extensions. There are also many other programs that require GNU make
extensions (eg musl libc). 100% POSIX[0] make means you will have to
install GNU make anyway. So where is the added value here?

I like an idea to rewrite the gnu make. I've been thinking about it
for a long time...