Re: [dev] Learn C

From: inasprecali <inasprecali_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 21:36:26 +0200

I know this is bait but I'll bite:

People who think this shit in real life are insufferable faggots who
have 0 concept of how much abstraction there already is between them
programming in "real" languages bare metal. The amount of abstraction
that's achieved by going from logic gates to C is fucking
astronomical, and you could probably never achieve writing a C
compiler from bare metal in your entire life if it weren't for the
work of hundreds of years of mathematicians working all this shit out
for you. Comparatively, the jump from C to Python is minuscule in the
grand scheme of things. Sure it might abstract away a few data
structures and make things nicer to use, but it's nothing compared to
carefully organizing bits of sand together in such a way that they
perform actual computation.

Computer science and abstraction are tied together at the hip. Losers
who can't understand that the continuous abstraction of mathematics is
the very essence of computing are the most obnoxious fucking faggots
in the world. The losers who can't understand that it's actually
harder to think abstractly are the funniest of them all. Sure you can
do the equivalent of hand-holding a modern abacus. You're not
accomplishing anything by reinventing the wheel for the thousandth
time, you're just doing it because someone needs some retarded shit to
be fast, but you're not furthering the field of computer-science.
You're not developing new fucking algorithms in C, you're implementing
something that someone (far smarter than you) has already thought of
in a slightly different flavor just so you can get a paycheck.

--
inasprecali