Re: [dev] Learn C

From: Martin Tournoij <martin_AT_arp242.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 18:42:57 +1300

On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 16:56:21 +0000 sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com wrote:
> Dear David,
>
> You are of the type of human being I, genuinely, sort of dislike. Namely a syntax
> kludge and excessive abstraction lover.
>
> Your first sentence is already an insult to "suckless" people: "won't you write
> in assembly next time?"

What a strange reply. Clearly *some* abstractions are good, otherwise
we'd all be writing assembly. *How many* abstractions exactly is a
matter of contention and personal taste. But as soon as someone
slightly disagrees with you on a fairly minor point you resort to
insults and "bruh huh, not true suckless".

Frankly, these sort of comment are unbecoming of a serious programmer,
suckless or not.

Martin