[dev] Pandoc replacement that sucks less

From: Thomas Meulendijks <t.meulendijks_AT_tuta.io>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 21:44:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I am currently using pandoc to convert my markdown files into pdf.
I do this because of a few things,

- I want to be able to manage my documents in git.
- I want to edit my documents in my text editor of choice
- I want to first type and afterwards worry about styling (for this I use latex templates now)

I want to move away from pandoc since (on arch Linux at least) the package with dependency is 420MiB.

Does anyone know a program or programs that can help with this or maybe suggestions on
changing my workflow / requerments?

The over all goal is an easy and manageable workflow to create simple pdf 's  .

Greetings and thanks in advance,

Thomas