[dev] [dwm][bug] dwm sometimes causes Xorg to freeze

Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 23:17:25 +0200

Every so often when running dwm my xorg seems to freeze. I can se the mouse cursor move and change according to what's on the screen, but the screen itself is frozen, almost as if it was a screenshot. The only way to "fix" it is to log into a second tty and kill xorg, but the problem comes back, sometimes within minutes.

It happens on multiple machines. It's not caused by any patch, as I tested a clean unmodified version from official git repo. I run dwm with xinit. Here's my .xinitrc: https://github.com/draganczukp/dotfiles/blob/master/.xinitrc and all the ~/bin script are in the same repo.

Other WMs and DEs (like i3 or awesome) work without this problem. Does anyone have an idea what causes it and how to fix it?

With regards,
Przemek

Sent via Migadu.com, world's easiest email hosting