Re: [dev] [dwm] Is there any way to prevent windows from stealing focus?

From: Chris Down <chris_AT_chrisdown.name>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 16:58:59 +0100

Alef Farah writes:
>For instance, if I open a website on Firefox, move to another window,
>and after a loading period Firefox pops up a basic access authentication
>window, the focus is stolen from whatever other window I was at. Is
>there any way to avoid or workaround this in dwm?

To shamelessly necro a super old thread, does anyone else have any previous
experience debugging this? I had a brief look at why this focus stealing
happens (eg. with Chrome on another tab and doing `google-chrome-stable foo`),
but with not much success yet. I guess next I'll instrument c->isurgent, since
it seems these windows have XUrgencyHint set, which seems potentially related.