Re: [dev] GUIs

From: Antenore Gatta <antenore_AT_simbiosi.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 15:12:11 +0200

On Wed, 22 May 2019 15:19:40 -0400
LM <lmemsm_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, nice job on the charfbuzz port. It would be great if it
> wasn't completely necessary and more systems went with FreeType
> without the circular dependency or started using stb_truetype.h.
> There are a few GUI toolkits (like Nuklear) using stb_truetype.h, but
> unfortunately there aren't a lot of basic applications available using
> those GUIs. I'd really like to see more active development using
> alternative lightweight GUIs.
>
> Sincerely,
> Laura

Thanks a lot Laura for referring to Nuklear[0], I was looking at it in
the last days and I have to say that is a really neat job, in just
~18000 lines of code.

In spite of myself, I'm a "suck more" developer that use "suck more"
libraries/toolkits and looking on these kind of projects is very
inspirational.

I hope one day I'll attain the enlightenment as many in the suckless
community.

- [0] https://github.com/vurtun/nuklear

Sincerely
--