Re: [dev] [Announce] [dwm-6.2] [dmenu-4.9] new release

From: ilf <ilf_AT_zeromail.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 15:21:57 +0200

Jochen Sprickerhof:
>> Up to dwm 6.1, the status bar text had a padding space on the very
>> left edge. In 6.2, that's not there any more. Even if specifically
>> adding one or more space glyphs to the text passed to "xsetroot
>> -name", these are stipped.
> Should be this on:
> http://git.suckless.org/dwm/commit/a137a86a234476bc3c7128fecbf845e6fc1de995.html

Yes, that's it. But I don't unserstand why this was merged. The status
bar has multiple text areas: tags, layout symbol, window name, status.
In the first three, the text content is padded. This change removes the
padding only for the status area. I disagree with that design decision,
IMHO it be padded, too. Was there a debate on this and rough consensus?
If so, I'd love an option, but that's not the suckless way, so someone
would need to maintain a patch.

--
ilf
If you upload your address book to "the cloud", I don't want to be in it.