Re: [dev] Re: Worse is better: Plan9 and Linux?

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 10:50:54 +0100

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 12:58:18 +0100
Marc Chantreux <eiro_AT_phear.org> wrote:

Dear Marc,

> > however, even it fails to fit all my use-cases.
>
> can you be specific ?

one big point for me is wine, actually. Not for gaming, but I often
stumble across Windows-only tools (often open source, but Windows only)
that I'd like to use. And wine has become almost flawless in this
regard in the last 1-2 years.

I haven't looked into it that much recently, but I'm not sure if wine
can even be ever supported on OpenBSD, as far as I remember due to W^X
restrictions and possible address-space remaps that would be necessary.
Does anybody know more about it, by chance?

With best regards

Laslo