Re: Tom Duff about parameter expansion (Re: [dev] switching to rc: filename expansion ?)

From: Marc Chantreux <eiro_AT_phear.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 08:23:51 +0100

hello Tom and many thanks for replying,

> I haven't worked on this in 25 years. I do not remember what I was
> thinking. If it doesn't work for you, I recommend not using it.

sure i was more interested by a designer perspective but yes ...
25 years: i wasn't even working in IT when you wrote rc.

what you replied is interesting anyway: it seems the intention here
wasn't to spare some extra code in rc but to avoid things you found
harder to read.

i'm really gratefull for the time you spent for us: thanks again.

marc