Re: [dev] Mice with 3+ buttons

From: ACE <a.mad.coder_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 18:40:58 +0100

On 12/19, Teodoro Santoni wrote:
> If all those buttons are supported on linux (e.g. xev output a button
> code for every button clicked) I'd buy one too!

From my experience they simulate key strokes that are "unlikely" to be
used by your keyboard, and then they supply tools that let you bind
actions to those keys.

The razer mice works this way at least. And by default their drivers has
some "internal macro" set or w/e which is useless on linux. But there
are some razer drivers/tools available that lets you change the mouse to
"manual mode" which reveals the "keyboard simulating" behaviour, and from
that point you can bind those extra keys.