Re: [dev] [sbase] sed 'd' command after 'r' or 'a' (POSIX interpretation question)

From: Evan Gates <evan.gates_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 06:52:07 -0800

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 5:17 AM Michael Forney <mforney_AT_mforney.org> wrote:

> All the other implementations I looked at *do* insert the contents of the file.

I think that's the important point. We should also check how other
commands that "start the next cycle" behave in relation to r. E.g. I
could see the same problem with c and D (c, d, and D functions end
with a call to new_next() in the current sbase sed). Luckily it looks
like a pretty simple fix of adding a call to do_writes() before
calling new_next() (but I didn't dig deep enough to see if there are
any unintended consequences there).

Perhaps we should bring this up on the austin group list and get them
to clarify the text.