[dev] [sbase] [ed] A couple of notes

From: Cág <ca6c_AT_firemail.cc>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 11:25:25 -0400

I must admit I only use ed(1) (of sbase) these days.
It has been like this for a year or so.

There are a couple things I've come across the
sbase's version of ed:
1. w doesn't print the byte count. Suppose a sample
ed session (using P to distinguish my input from ed's
output):
% ed
*a
milk
bread
eggs
meat
veggies
bananas
apples
.
*w list
*q
%
2. I guess using ed for huge files is not really a good
idea, however the sbase ed cannot open a 750MiB 3.5m lines
CSV file, while the GNU version can. Probably has to do
with the limits set.

As always, I'm very pleased working with sbase and want to
thank everybody responsible for making it.

Cheers

--
caóc