Re: [dev] [libgrapheme] announcement

From: <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 20:58:16 +0000

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 08:00:58PM +0000, Tait Hoyem wrote:
> I would also like to avoid Warnock's dilemma.

+1

On this very mailing list we already had some exchange of thoughts about the
unicode grapheme cluster.
One question which was stuck into my head after this exchange was: how many of
unicode "scripts" can be rendered, in a reasonably readable way, in a terminal
grid?
That said, it is a brave first step towards "suckless" "i18n" unicode software.
I got nausea looking at libunistring and the horrible gnulib SDK, not to
mention the c++ infection of the "official" libicu (don't let me start on
harfb...): they all deserve a rube goldberg award.

--
Sylvain