Re: [dev] Scrollback utility for use with st

From: Georg Lehner <jorge_AT_at.anteris.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 12:11:09 +0200

On 4/3/20 9:17 AM, Laslo Hunhold wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 21:14:11 +0200
> Georg Lehner <jorge_AT_at.anteris.net> wrote:
>
> Dear Georg,

> at this point, why not just use the scrollback-patch?
>
> With best regards
>
> Laslo

Finally I felt nudged to test the scrollback patches. Nice work!

Two of the patches failed - the last one (configurable
mousescrollincrement) does not compile. Also the man page does not show

Find below a combined patch for the current version in git fixing all
the above (minus the mousescrollincrement).

A convenient scroll increment would be:

- 3 (1..n) for the mouse wheel

- Exactly one window height for the PageUp/Down keys. This would require
getting the current window height while scrolling

A question: why is the scrollback-patch not included in `st` already?

Best Regards,

   Georg