[dev] Question regarding applicability of st single-buffer patch from FAQ

From: David Lamkins <david_AT_lamkins.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 09:36:24 -0700

I've applied the single-buffer patch from the st FAQ. As advertised,
it lets w3mimgdisplay work in st; this helps not only w3m, but other
tools (e.g. ranger) that use w3mimgdisplay.

Is there a downside to having applied this patch? In a couple days of
heavy use, I have yet to notice any anomalous behaviors or cosmetic
changes.

Assuming that I'm not overlooking a use case where double-buffering is
essential (and I'd be curious to know what that use case is), would it
make sense to permanently switch the mainline code to the
single-buffered version?

--
"I think as musicians, we have more vision than we credit ourselves
for. We should dive into it without reserve, and take the sort of