Re: [dev] st: use mouse to paste from clipboard

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 23:11:44 -0400

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020, at 22:38, Ivan Tham wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 07:03:13AM -0400, Greg Reagle wrote:
> >I can easily paste from the primary selection using middle mouse button (Button2), or with the keyboard (Ctrl-Shift-y). To paste from the clipboard I can use the keyboard (Ctrl-Shift-v), but there is no way to do it with the mouse.
> >
> >Wouldn't it be great to be able to paste from the clipboard selection, using the mouse? I think so. Would the maintainer of st like to make this part of st? Here is the line that I added to mkeys[] in config.h
> >
> > { Button3, XK_NO_MOD, clippaste, {.i = 0}},

> No, if you overwrite to paste from clipboard,

I am not suggesting overwriting anything. I don't understand your response.

> how do you paste from primary selection?

As I mentioned in the text that you quoted, "using middle mouse button (Button2), or with the keyboard (Ctrl-Shift-y)". This is already built into st.

By the way, I am using st 0.8.2, in case that has any relevance to our discussion.

--
Contact me:  I am available on SIP, Matrix/Riot, and Jami.  Just ask for my address.