Re: [dev] [st] terminal app resizing redraw artifacts

From: Ivan Tham <pickfire_AT_riseup.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 17:10:18 +0800

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 10:34:59PM -0700, Kai Ting wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I have been using st for a while trying to transition fully from xterm.
>However one issue I couldn't resolve for the life of me is that under dwm
>and st, changing the windows size sometimes results in colored flashes
>around the window area before the running application redraws the screen.
>Apart from resizing windows, fast scroll back/forward also results in very
>bright flashes. I cannot reproduce the same issue with xterm. Please see
>attached gif capturing this issue using vim 8.2, st 0.8.4 and dwm 6.2.
>
>Any hints/guidance? I looked at the code briefly (xresize() etc) and don't
>see anything obvious that can change such behavior.

I believe that may be the color you set on vim or the colors set on st.
I never experience these behavior using the default color settings.

Most likely is because my background color is black, sometimes if the
background colors is not the same as the default background color, the
default background color will fill up the extra space.

Regards,
Ivan Tham