Re: [dev] Build system: redo

From: Greg Reagle <list_AT_speedpost.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 07:37:26 -0500

Thanks very much for you comprehensive and thorough reply. I'll be studying it over the course of many days. I disagree with your first point though, so read on.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020, at 05:08, Sergey Matveev wrote:
> Just a remark: when using "basic" features of redo, just what DJB
> described, there is no difference between various redo implementations.
> I used apenwarr/redo, apenwarr/do, redo-c and goredo with the same
> project, with the same .do-files without any modifications and behaviour
> differences.

According to its README, redo-c does *not* capture standard output by default. So I would think you would have to use it differently, either by using the -s option or setting the environment variable REDO_STDOUT. Or maybe all your .do files write to $3 rather than stdout?