[dev] [st] how to make meta act like control in regards to multi-language input?

From: teoet6 <teoet6_AT_protonmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2021 09:01:28 +0000

Hello!
I am a user of GNU/Nano. English is my second language so i frequently find myself writing in Cyrillic.
Keybindings with Control are not a problem, as st (I assume) uses keycodes instead of keysyms when Control is held down.
Pressing ^S successfully saves the file even when using Cyrillic.
Meta however doesn't do that. Pressing M-/ to go to the end of file instead passes the letter "б".

Is there a way to change this behavior to the desired one, or if not, do you know of a terminal that can act in the desired way?

attached mail follows: