[dev] [st] When shrinking the width of a st window, overflowing text gets cut out and it is no longer retrievable, not even if the width is reset to the original one

From: LuxGiammi <luxgiammi+suckless_AT_posteo.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 20:16:57 +0100

Dear suckless developers,

It's my first message in this mailing list.
I've been using st for more than one year and I've always had the
intention to ask this. I know that there must be a way to solve the
problem (in fact, I started to study X programming in my - little -
spare time just for this reason), but as for now, I'm quite stuck. I
regularly use a window manager (I started with i3, but now I'm happily
using dwm) and it's not so uncommon that I need more than one terminal
on the screen. The problem is, however, that whenever I spawn more
terminals, depending, of course, on the WM layout, the overflowing text
of shrunk terminals gets cut and therefore permanently lost. For the "Y
axis" text I simply installed the scrollback patch, but for the "X axis"
text, apparently, there are no patches.

So my questions for you are:
1. Has this problem previously discussed? If so, what were the outcomes
of the discussion?
2. I haven't found one yet on the website, but is there a patch that
solves this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Luxgiammi