Re: [dev] [st] When shrinking the width of a st window, overflowing text gets cut out and it is no longer retrievable, not even if the width is reset to the original one

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 22:27:18 +0000

Quoth Lee Phillips:
> > What I did to make it work is to run "./scroll" in an already-existing st
> > window, as you would with GNU screen or tmux.
>
> This works! Thank you very much.
>
> I was following the instructions in the man page, which say to do `scroll st`.

Nope, the manpage includes this (and looking at git history, has
since its inception):

EXAMPLES
     st -e scroll /bin/sh

You must have misread it. Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you.
This thread encouraged me to try it out too (I've been using dvtm
for this purpose up 'til now), and it seems to be working just fine.

Nick