Re: [dev] [quark] Shouldn't it redirect site.com/ to /index.html?

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 13:54:18 +0100

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 11:16:13 -0800
Spenser Truex <truex_AT_equwal.com> wrote:

Dear Spenser,

> If you navigate to my site:
> http://equwal.com
> It doesn't redirct to index.html, since I don't have a program
> performing redirects on there like varnishd.
>
> Previously I was using varnishd in front of quark to do this, and I
> had this stuff doing it:
>
> Shouldn't quark support this out of the box? I'm on the latest git
> version of quark.

assuming you have the servedir /var/www/, requesting "/" should, if the
-i flag is not saying otherwise and /var/www/index.html exists,
directly serve the index.html _without_ a redirect (that's the purpose
of the directory index).

Sadly I may misunderstand your problem, but I can't see what you mean
because your server currently refuses connections.

With best regards

Laslo