Re: [dev] Ada not Rust

From: Alex Pilon <alp_AT_alexpilon.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 21:50:38 -0400

On Tue 2021-04-20 05:40:19 -0400, Greg Reagle wrote:
> $ gnatmake hello -largs -static -bargs -static
> $ ldd hello
> not a dynamic executable
>
> Of course it is big now: 1.2M. I assume if I had musl it would be smaller.

Wouldn't you need to turn on LTO—link time optimisation, for what little
or not it can do, depending on whether ADA is a runtime and most of the
code overhead is the runtime's and most of that code is run, versus
whether it's just some unused stdlib functions or the like?

That's assuming LTO is a good idea yet and wasn't buggy like I heard
years ago, if that was even true. Am out of the loop.