Re: [dev] Ada not Rust

From: Wolf <wolf_AT_wolfsden.cz>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 13:01:53 +0200

Hello,

On 2021-04-20 19:53:04 -0400, Sebastian LaVine wrote:
> I am curious, what experiences have people had with Go?

The language is kinda fine I guess? It gets the job done, but I cannot
say I enjoy writing code in it that much. And some design choices
(context.Context) are in my opinion weird and grow through all of the
code like cancer.

I however do mind the huge binaries, whole ecosystem full of NIH
syndrome and some (IMHO) questionable choices in some parts of standard
library (especially encoding/json is... fun).

W.

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.