Re: [dev] Update outdated suckless website

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 20:38:18 +0200

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:38:20 +0200
Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org> wrote:

Dear Hiltjo, Dear Martin,

> Thank you for the valuable feedback.

I also want to thank you, Martin, for your feedback! I've assigned
Scrum-ID #S1H3I3T7 to this ticket.

> 200ms seems still a bit high, maybe we could use geolocated CDNs of
> the reliable Fastly CDN for negative latency.

The first step should be to switch to HTTP/3. TCP is so 2010, and QUIC
(which basically reinvents TCP with minor tweaks for HTTP) is the way
to go.

> While it is true not loving someone is very rude, this is not the
> case. We at suckless(tm) love all our consumers. I will forward this
> complaint to our Senior Love Manager.

Sadly Günther is currently on parental leave (some accident with a
stripper on Ibiza), but maybe one of us can assist here.

> Some of the content is in German, which was too controversial. There
> is still some on the following page however:
> https://ev.suckless.org/satzung/

This is absolutely shocking. I didn't know about this! Well, at least
we don't have images of torch hikes on our website. This could be a
source of great misunderstandings, given this relatively normal German
pastime is only linked to a certain political epoch outside of Europe.

Anyway, have a nice weekend guys. Martin, you made my day! :)

With best regards

Laslo