Re: [dev] [dwm] Why should (or shouldn't) dwm have a spawn function?

From: <qsmodo_AT_tutanota.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 16:46:08 +0200 (CEST)

By definition, window managers manage windows. So, if I had not tried dwm yet,
I would guess that it would not take care of spawning windows.

> sxhkd complicates the setup with little additional benefit.

That's a fair point. Without noticing it I was assuming that other people
also relied on a key daemon to launch programs. Since I cannot back up
such a claim, I must, on second thought, agree with you. After all, in the
most simple of setups (no key daemon, no launcher such as dmenu), the spawn
function enables one to at least spawn a terminal emulator.