Re: [dev] [st] Crash when displaying these characters

From: Страхиња Радић <contact_AT_strahinja.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 21:02:14 +0200

To add to my previous message, this occasional crashing could be the reason
behind the recommended approach by suckless - disabling the color emoji support
altogether, instead of having programs run unreliably.

And finally, when I recommended reading the FAQ, it was precisely because this
issue was described near the end of it (not the inconsistent behavior, but there
are links to three separate issue threads, one of them having a link to the
thread that I linked. Most importantly, it states that this:

                 *** is not an st issue, but libXft issue! ***

and that

     *** libXft developers should be bugged about it, and not suckless! ***

Again, libXft developers seem inactive (probably focusing on Wayland instead of
X.Org/Xft).