Re: [dev] Wayland compositors

From: NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 15:21:58 +0600

Hi,

Adding to what Laslo has already said:

I think it's laughable that that wayland devolopers claim wayland to be
a replacement for X while actively ignoring many use-case and forcing
their "perfect frame" philosophy onto the users.

It is _OK_ if the devs prioritize having perfect frame and want to work
on it more, I think we all want to work on features that are more
valueable to us. But to actively discard other use-cases is _NOT_ ok.

I for one have no regards to "perfect frame" and value a crisp low
latency desktop without running any compositor. This is not possible in
wayland but perfectly viable in X. Why should I have wayland dev's
use-cases shoved down my throat? If I wanted to be pushed around by devs
I'd use proprietary software instead.

And it's also very funny that the devs (one of them atleast) think that
instead of making wayland work for these users calling them
"anti-vaxxers and flat-earters" is the way to go :)

https://drewdevault.com/2021/02/02/Anti-Wayland-horseshit.html

- NRK