Re: [dev] Wayland compositors

From: Teodoro Santoni <asbrasbra_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:50:14 +0200

> Exactly what Wayland's monolithic,
> opinionated concept doesn't. If a compositor crashes, the whole session
> goes
> down.

Wayland isn't monolithic, BUT is a faulty funnel. It does one thing,
does it poorly, and cuts some well-established use cases in the
process.

> It doesn't matter who is responsible. If Wayland is not finished, its
> developers
> shouldn't act like it is and force it on users and programmers.

That's to me the most insane part of RedHatWare (systemd, wayland,
pulseaudio, GNOME, dbus, udev, polkit, consolekit): it's shipped
unfinished and buggy but the universe is now required to replace old,
clunky apparatus with new, shiny, miscarriaged foetus.