Re: [dev] surf: copy and paste

From: Greg Reagle <list_AT_speedpost.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 16:24:09 -0400

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021, at 2:36 PM, Alex Beakes wrote:
> Wanted to ask if there is any way to copy and paste text in surf like in
> any other browser, using the usual ctrl+c/v keybindings.
> Trying to use surf as my main driver.....need the copy/paste function.

FYI, I am using Debian Stable 11 and X11 (dwm). I just cloned surf and built and ran it (I did not use the Debian package which is older), and here is the behavior that I get: Paste can be achieved by Control-v and/or Shift-Insert. Copy can be achieve by Control-Insert.

Since these keys are not specified in config.def.h of surf, I assume that they come along with a library on which surf depends.

Note that these operations use the CLIPBOARD selection, which is what I expect [1]. It is also possible to use the PRIMARY selection in X11, as explained in [1].

[1] https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/ClipboardsWiki/