Re: [dev] [dwm] dwm breaks on synchronized screens

From: Thomas Oltmann <thomas.oltmann.hhg_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 17:22:17 +0100

Hi again,

In terms of reproducing this behaviour, all that it seems to take for me is
to 'mirror' the screens, optionally with some windows already open,
and then try to
open/move some more windows. It was relatively consistent so far in
that strange things happened pretty quickly.

I use lxrandr to configure the mirrored screen setup, since that
interface literally has a button to do just that.
I should note that my two displays have differing resolutions
(differing aspect ratios, in fact).
The main (Laptop) monitor has a resolution of 1366 x 768.
The beamer I don't actually know, but it's some sort of 4:3 so I
reckon 1024 x 768, in case that helps.

The issue that v4hn has described sounds like a plausible cause for
the problems I'm having.
I very specifically get the feeling that dwm thinks it is managing two
independent monitors, when there is in
fact only one, leading to such things like active windows getting
stacked directly on top of each other in tiled mode.

Cheers,
          Thomas Oltmann