Re: [dev] [quark] Integrating form handlers with quark

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 16:42:26 +0100

On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 02:28:27 -0800
climbTheStairs <yxtqwf_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Dear climbTheStairs,

> I have used quark to host my static website for the past few months,
> and I've been amazed by how well it works.
> I want to try out the idea of keeping data processing
> and data presentation separate, described on quark's webpage:

I'm glad to hear you like quark!

> However, I'm not quite sure how this would be done?
> I'm writing a simple Go program to handle forms
> (and only handle forms) on my website,
> but I do not know how I could integrate that with quark.

As Teodoro pointed out, the solution is to do the form-handling on a
separate port. To give a better outlook: A minimal form-handler would
be a nice little project, but Go and other languages already offer good
libraries for this purpose.

The total separation makes sure that even if someone "breaks" your
form-generator the website will always remain online.

With best regards

Laslo