Re: [dev] [libsl][bug] Call FcFini on cleanup for projects calling FcIni

From: NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 23:47:53 +0600

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 01:19:28PM -0700, Anskrevy wrote:
> Any program using libsl, or calling FcIni (directly or indirectly), that
> does not call FcFini results in a small memory leak. dwm and dmenu are
> effected by this.

I do not see any call to FcInit in libsl, nor do I see any such call in
dmenu/dwm. Running dmenu master branch under leak-sanitizer doesn't show
any leaks related to fontconfig (v2.13.1) either.

How exactly did you detect this leak? And are you sure this is a problem
on libsl/dmenu/dwm side and not the library itself leaking things?

- NRK