Re: [dev] Announcing a4, a dynamic terminal window manager

From: Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 19:09:44 -0500

On 1/2/23 12:31, fossy_AT_dnmx.org wrote:
>> Announcing the first public code release of a4, a dynamic terminal...
> I haven't tried it, but looks hot as fuck!
> Why replace ncurses?
> Is it bloated than the ~700 or how-many lines was it, this other lib?

Many reasons. Lexi Summer Hale (https://xn--rpa.cc/irl/term.html) was
influential. libtickit's better handling of colors was a big driver. The
author, Paul "LeoNerd" Evans, is wonderful to work with, and also
provides libvterm, which is more processing that shouldn't be
implemented individually by every terminal application.