[dev] [sbase] should tar preserve hard links info

From: Andrea Calligaris <recluse_AT_email.it>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 14:05:05 +0100 (CET)

Do you think it should?
I'm not interested in a short-term implementation, I'm more interested if you think that it should, or if you have an opinion against it.
Im my opinion it should, because someone may rely on hardlinks to manage its data, and if you want to backup your stuff in a tar archive, with the current sbase version you are loosing the hardlink connection and it just raw-copies the file.

Or should one not rely on hardlinks at all, because X, etc.

Let me know what you think, thanks.