Re: [dev] [dwm] [st] benefits (or not) of -march=x86-64-v3 and gcc optimizations

From: Petr Šabata <contyk_AT_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 09:46:57 +0100

It's extremely unlikely you could observe any difference using these
tools on any remotely modern hardware. In practical terms it doesn't
matter.

But if you want to satisfy your curiosity, you could do some
profiling, I guess; or decompile the binaries and eyeball the
generated instructions. I'd suspect the results would be nearly
identical, however, considering what and how these programs do.