Re: [dev] bump copyright years?

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 22:30:09 +0100

On Wed, 8 Feb 2023 21:23:45 +0000
Al <allogenes_AT_posteo.net> wrote:

Dear Al,

> Then again, I believe all suckless development is entirely done with
> Git these days. So surely the datetime information recorded in each
> commit makes the question moot?
>
> If for no other reason, I would vote for dropping the year simply
> because it's inelegant to manually track information that Git already
> records for us automatically.

keep in mind that there are release tarballs that do not contain the
git history information. I think that all of this is a moot discussion
and built on top of this agenda by some people to question basic
things that do not pose problems in the first place.

I will keep copyright years in my projects, due to the aforementioned
reasons. There's no real "vote" on this; suckless project maintainers
will decide for their projects based on the arguments given.

With best regards

Laslo