Re: [dev] running a shortlink provider

From: Страхиња Радић <contact_AT_strahinja.org>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 07:29:05 +0200

On 23/05/25 07:02AM, Marcel Plch wrote:
> 2) Pick favorite Web stack
[...]
> I personally would go for Python/Django, I'm not sure how suckless that's
> considered (probably not at all)
[...]
> Web is in a sad state so

You answered your own question. Web is bloat, in particular HTML itself as
something derived from SGML.

Suckless way to have a URL shortener public service would probably be to create
a CGI script in rc/shell or a program in C.

Perhaps the most minimal solution for keeping data would be TSV files, but they
are not suitable for storing data entered from the web because of concurrency,
so a "real" database would be needed.