[dwm] st

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:28:47 +0200

Hi there,

today I did some research on the terminal side. I found
xvt-1.0.tar.Z back from 1992, which looks like a good starting
point (however, it already contained much clunk I don't plan for
st).

Current st sources depend on this old xvt (thus the VT102
emulation has no color support and some other oddities), but I'm
quite sure it is possible, to get a working terminal < 4kSLOC
which is fast and reliable.

You can test the current development state (it's only a hacked
up xvt) from

hg clone http://10kloc.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/st

(currently it consists of 3500 kSLOC)

If you have access/no some other tiny terminal implementations,
please let me know. Looking into eterm, rxvt, xterm, urxvt
and libvte made me sick. They consist of totally retarded and
fucked up source code.

I also looked into the 9term source of p9p, but that is too
p9-oriented already (and I want a replacement for existing
terminals with VT102 support, at least as an option).

Any hints, also via privmail are welcome.

Regards,