[dwm] placement of tags on titles

From: David Tweed <tweed314_AT_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:23:01 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, I've been wondering about this for a while: what was the reason for putting the tags
at the front of titles? I'm just wondering if there's something I'm not thinking of, since
(arrogantly assuming we're working in a language that reads left-to-right and
 consequently builds up a scan routine that goes left-to-right :-) ) you'd tend to look
at the window title more frequently than the tags so `name then tags' seems like a
more natural order. (I'm assuming that, like in my experiments with in-window titles
in Ion, the window titles are drawn in the upper left of the window because there
is the highest probability that they'll be covering empty space -- particularly with
program code.)

Anyway, just curious,

cheers, dave tweed