Re: [dwm] how to detect activity in non-visible tags

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:54:29 +0200

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 02:31:05PM +0200, Julian Romero wrote:
> Apart from gaim being broke and me being lazy to investigate the
> insides of gaim plugins to get notified, I think detecting new windows
> showing up without being (directly) requested is WM business. For the
> main dwm? probably no. I only ask for opinion (and help) to people
> more expert in X and WM than me.
If a window shows up tagged with a tag which isn't viewed atm
one could consider to highlight such tag in some way (this was
done in wmi) but I'm not sure it is worth the effort, because it
would lead to several cornercases. I pretty much prefer using
apps which provide sane interfaces. The other way makes dwm too
complex.

Regards,