[dwm] question about java/swing and dwm

From: Anthony Brown <agabrown_AT_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:51:40 +0200

Hi,

I have a self-written Java programme for making simple graphs from data.
The UI is based on the Java/swing tools. Before using DWM the plot
window could be resized and then the plot would automatically be
redrawn, taking the new window size into account. I implemented this
through a ComponentListener in order to catch resize events. This no
longer works when using DWM. But I noted that an application such as
Eclipse does respond the way one expects to resizing of the window.

I'm sure my application is written such that implicit assumptions are
made about the window manager but I don't know in which direction to
look for a solution to this problem.

Any suggestions?

regards,
Anthony