Re: [dwm] view all again (Was: cycling tags, again)

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:38:22 +0200

On 8/31/06, Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org> wrote:
> I'm absolutely in favor of including Anselm's elegant view all toggle
> function. I've had it mapped to keyboard Mod1_0 and mouse Button2 on the
> tag bar all week and it's been very useful. It's philosophically and
> pragmatically much better than the cycling suggestions.

I agree that it fits in better with the rest of dwm than the cycling
stuff, and having it as a toggle is handy too (currently, when I'm
about to shutdown my machine, I first have to check all tags manually
for any remaining clients).
It would need one little change before it can go into main though:
"Bool active" has to be a global (with a different name of course).
The reason is that when the user puts the toggle "on", and then
manually deactivates some tags, the togglefunction still believes that
it's in view-all mode; the view-all Bool should be unset as soon as
the users changes the view instead.

Greetings, Sander.