Re: [dwm] XTerm Problem

From: Jukka Salmi <j+dwm_AT_2006.salmi.ch>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:38:16 +0200

Natas Lestat --> dwm (2006-09-01 01:22:48 +0200):
> Whenever I open an xterm, and run something in it, then change it's width
> (By opening another program for example), and try to tab complete something,
> it doesn't just complete it, but also echoes it again...
> Check this image: http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/333/fooqe7.png
>
> I don't know what's wrong... This doesn't happen with some terminal
> emulators, like mlterm, or with the csh shell...
>
> I know this isn't really a DWM problem, I was just wondering if anyone else
> has seen this, or maybe even knows a solution?

I'm seeing the same problem with ksh (PD KSH shipped with NetBSD) and
both terms I tried, i.e. xterm and rxvt.

Furthermore, if there are several matches for e.g. filename completion,
the shell prints them as if the number of columns didn't change, until
I force a new prompt. [1]That's how it looks (I started two terms,
focused the one started first, and entered 'ls /bi', tab, tab, ^U,
return, 'ls /bi', tab, tab, ^U).

Hitting return before entering the command works around the problem,
of course...

With bash I don't see the problem at all.

Cheers, Jukka

[1] http://salmi.ch/~jukka/dwm_ksh_compl.png

--
bashian roulette: