Re: [dwm] remembering client order in each tag

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:37:08 +0200

On 9/6/06, Anthony Brown <agabrown_AT_xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried this now and the z-ordering is preserved (I had three xterms in
> floating mode overlapping each other) after cycling with mod-mouse1,
> mod-tab, or shift-mod-tab. However, there is again the strange problem
> that mod-tab only cycles between two of the three clients (this does not
> occur with shift-mod-tab).
>
> The problem seems to be converging...

I think that z-ordering and the order of clients in the clientlist
should be unrelated. I'm quite sure that any solution that involves
relating these two is bound to break one or the other (hence, I think
it's time to start looking in other places for the solution; to begin
with, why does changing the view have any effect on z-ordering of
floating clients at all?).

Gr. Sander.