Re: [dwm] improve config.mk

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 19:04:10 +0200

On 9/6/06, Cedric Krier <ced_AT_ced.homedns.org> wrote:

> Hi, I'm working on an ebuild for dwm.
> (http://gentoo-sunrise.org/svn/reviewed/x11-wm/dwm/)
>
> It will be great if you can apply this patch on config.mk.
> It allows to specify compilation option from command line.

Is that really useful? I can understand that people make packages for
binary distro's, but if you're going to build from source anyway I
don't really understand what this adds; an ebuild looks to me like
just an extra layer of complexity, plus this would remove optimization
from the default release config.mk, which I think is not right to do.
Note that this is not intended as a flame, I'm just wondering what the
point is (sorry, I just can't think of a nicer way to phrase that
right now, English is not my native language...).

Greetings, Sander.